A pathogen called candida is a form of yeast, and in most cases it’s a big problem as it can overgrow in your intestines. Candida affects both men and women; and a quick test for it is to see if you have white growing on your tongue – a common sign of candida. An overgrowth of yeast such as candida can lead to further yeast infections, particularly in women.
How to take a candida test:
1. Rinse your mouth out with water and wait three minutes.
2. Fill a fresh glass of water.
3. Collect some saliva in your mouth and gently place it on the surface of the water in the glass.
4. Immediately make note of how the saliva looks.
5. Check the glass every 15 minutes.
It will float on top and it will slowly dissolve into the water without any cloudiness and without sinking. There are normally some bubbles or foam present.
- Strings travelling down to the bottom of the glass
- Cloudy saliva that sinks to the bottom of the glass
- Cloudy specks suspended in the water
The more strings and cloudiness, and the faster they develop, the greater the candida overgrowth.